STR SHARE Center (Supporting Hotel-related Academic Research & Education) became THE-ICE’s first Business Alliance member in 2015.
Launched in 2011 by STR Global, the STR SHARE Center provides higher education providers with large volumes of hotel and tourism data, as well as related resources for research, student projects, and use in the classroom.
STR Global (Smith Travel Research) has provided a benchmarking service to the hotel industry for three decades and, in addition to providing regular performance data to over 50,000 hotels, STR conducts regular presentations at international conferences and provides a variety of products and services to a wide range of organisations in the hotel industry.
The STR SHARE Center has over 530 member schools from 56 different countries who receive the following, in addition to the extensive hotel and tourism data:
- training programs and materials;
- global industry articles and publications;
- webinars for faculty and students;
- speaker support for academics;
- regular educator newsletters; and
- access to educator forums connecting academia with industry.
To answer calls for an industry “stamp of approval” process, in 2012 the STR SHARE Center launched CHIA (Certification in Hotel Industry Analytics) which is offered jointly with ICHRIE, AH&LEI and STR.
CHIA has been designed for undergraduate and postgraduate students, as well as professors. Thousands of students have now achieved CHIA certification and over 600 professors have participated in the CHIA Train-the-Trainer sessions worldwide. CHIA certification provides recognition of attaining a thorough knowledge of foundational data analytics and strategic benchmarking, essential in the industry today.
HIFIA (Hotel Industry Foundations and Introduction to Analytics) is the industry version of the certification that is now also offered to industry professionals.
In addition to affiliation with THE-ICE, STR SHARE Center also partners with a wide range of academic support organisations including ICHRIE, TTRA, ISTTE, AHFME, iHITA, RevME, ARES, COHREP, GHE, KAHTEA, CHME, CHEI, AMFORHT, EUHOFA, HSoD, “La Fondacion” and the Institute of Hospitality.
Scheduled dates and details of upcoming STR SHARE Center Educator Workshops and CHIA/ HIFIA Train-the Trainer Sessions in various locations at the UK, Australia, New Zealand, China, Singapore and the US.
To register or find out more about upcoming sessions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Russell Partnership, established in 1989 by Mr David Russell and Ms Dianne Adlard, is a Food and Technology consultancy specialising within Catering, Conferencing, Events and Leisure markets, delivering creative solutions and commercially viable results from strategy creation to concept origination and implementation. The headquarter is located in London and a regional office in Oxon, the United Kingdom, as well as having offices in Dubai and the Middle East (opened since 2005).
The Russell Partnership has achieved an unrivalled reputation within the industry, endorsed by prestigious committee and accredited associations, and is renowned for providing quality services in the following areas:
- Consultancy – innovative approach to the creation and development of commercially viable and effective business solutions
- Design and Planning – combines international experience with local market knowledge to deliver results and solutions from strategic food design planning, through concept origination, to design implementation including branding, interiors, kitchen and servery design.
- Innovation – deliver a range of innovative solutions across a broad range of business areas, from technology and sustainability to the application of contemporary research.
- Business Turnaround – with over 20 years’ experience and a team of “Business Recovery and Turnaround” specialists, RP is posed to work with challenged businesses to identify problems and find solutions, provide advice to management teams, support operating boards and investors to plan and implement financial, operational and sales & marketing strategies.
- Technology – produce a range of industry leading simulation programs for the hospitality, restaurant and tourism industries. RP Technology license their products for educational use to over 100 business schools, hospitality management schools, universities and colleges worldwide. Deliver industry training to leading global organisations including the Hilton, Marriott, IHG, Wyndham, Expedia and Accor and provide food strategy for events such as the London 2012 Olympics and Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Games.
RP Technology also utilize their simulation platforms to deliver hotel feasibility projects for clients who are in the process of designing, developing or building hotel properties. The simulation programs include:
- HOTS – the hospitality management simulation
- Simr – a competitive restaurant management simulation
- Tour@Sim – a web-based learning tool designed to develop awareness and understanding of the challenges and issues of sustainable tourism
It is worth noting that Russell Partnership Technology have received the following recognitions:
- CUBO (College & University Business Officer) Business Partner of the Year Award 2015
- Appointed to United Nations as the Food Advisors and Catering Consultants to the United Nations for the implementation and delivery of the UN Vision.
- Achieved UK history by being the first Strategic Consultancy Company in the UK to provide strategic plans, advice and support to a Summer (London 2012, the world’s largest peacetime food event) and Winter (Sochi 2014) Olympic Games.
Click here to view scheduled dates and details of upcoming Russell Partnership Workshops in various locations in the UK, Australia, New Zealand, China, Singapore and the US.