THE-ICE Research Grant Scheme (RGS)
The purpose of THE-ICE RGS is to facilitate and promote research by member institutions, supporting THE-ICE objective to enhance the quality of higher education in tourism, hospitality, events and culinary arts (TH&E). Research topics that may be supported by the RGS include, but are not limited to, the following;
- Assuring and enhancing quality in TH&E institutions
- Enhancing teaching and learning in TH&E
- Enhancing the process of and benefits from accreditation in TH&E institutions
- Evaluating and benchmarking performance in TH&E institutions
THE-ICE RGS is designed to:
- Encourage and support research within THE-ICE member institutions
- Generate research outcomes that support the objectives of THE-ICE and provide tangible benefits to member institutions
- Stimulate interaction among members of THE-ICE
- Generate research-based content for the THE-ICE annual signature event, the International Panel of Experts (IPoE) Forum
Each year THE-ICE will fund two research proposals to the value of AU$3,500 each. Payment of THE-ICE Research Grant is subject to:
- Adherence to key submission dates (as per the announcement)
- Submission of the final research paper to THE-ICE
- Presentation of the research and outcomes at the IPoE Forum
Guidelines for Applicants
Applications are welcome from individuals, and/or teams from accredited member institutions of THE-ICE. Research proposals should:
- Address a theme relevant to the objectives of THE-ICE RGS and relevant IPoE Forum
- Propose an original course of research that contributes to the field of tourism and hospitality education
- Follow an empirical approach, with the potential to produce robust, reliable and actionable results
- Be original work and unpublished (in full) elsewhere
Contribute to/ align with the theme of the relevant IPoE Forum.
Evaluation of Research Proposals
Research proposals submitted before the deadline, and adherent to the THE-ICE RGS Frame of Reference, will be reviewed by the RGS Review Committee and evaluated based on:
- Importance and relevance of the research to the objectives of THE-ICE and to quality in TH&E higher education.
- Potential to make an original contribution to the existing body of knowledge of TH&E education, and implications for development of best practice.
- Contribution to/ alignment with theme of relevant IPoE Forum
- Soundness of theoretical framework and consistency of methodology and research design
- Feasibility and sustainability of proposed objectives, outcomes, timelines / deadlines, and budget
- Adherence to the Research Proposal Template (provided above)
All enquiries regarding the submission of research proposals should be directed to Ms Elise Lawrence, Operations Manager of THE-ICE, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any publication or presentation of results of the research must be approved by THE-ICE in advance to ensure that confidential information is not inadvertently divulged. THE-ICE will not unreasonably withhold or delay approval. A review of the final report will be conducted within 14 days of submission. THE-ICE reserves the right to refuse dissemination of research grant funding if the researcher/s do not adhere to the approved research proposal.