Who we are
The International Centre of Excellence in Tourism and Hospitality Education (THE-ICE) was established in 2004 by the Australian Federal Government to develop benchmarks and promote excellence in tourism, hospitality and events (TH&E). Since becoming a not-for-profit organisation in 2008, THE-ICE has developed into a global organisation for accreditation, benchmarking, and quality enhancement in tourism, hospitality, events and culinary arts (TH&E) education, with a network of 37 members in 19 countries across 4 continents.
In recognition of the growth and diversity of available education in the TH&E domain, THE-ICE accredits public and private universities, hotel schools, institutes and vocational colleges.
Accreditation and quality assurance are integral to institutional review processes in education. In the globally competitive education environment institutional self-review, external peer review by experts in the field, benchmarking, and ongoing quality enhancement is increasingly important, and a growing number of institutions are seeking both national and globally recognised (international) accreditation.
Significantly and sustainably enhance the quality of higher education in tourism, hospitality and events (TH&E) globally.
THE-ICE strives to achieve its Vision by:
- Assuring institutional quality, through;
- Programme accreditation
- Annual student satisfaction benchmarking and ranking
- Promoting and developing excellence in and amongst members institutions, through;
- Annual signature events
- Fostering scholarly activity
- Facilitating quality improvement cycles
- Supporting and facilitating the development of global quality assurance, through;
- Partnering with national and regional quality assurance agencies
- Engaging with global quality assurance networks
For more information about who we are visit: