The Higher Education Leadership Institute (HELI)
REGISTRATION: Click here for THE-ICE exclusive HELI Webinar calendar and registration
The Higher Education Leadership Institute (HELI) is an online education provider dedicated to the professional development of higher education academic staff around the globe through its Graduate Certificate in Higher Education Academic Practice (GradCertHEd)
The GradCertHEd is a one-year part-time online course designed to enhance the knowledge, skills and understanding of academic practice in the higher education sector. Students can study from anywhere at anytime with the course being designed to fit in with students’ work / life commitments.
Graduates of the course will be able to reflect critically on their educational practice; explore scholarship and research related to higher education learning and teaching; construct effective pedagogies drawn from best practice principles; and understand the nature and purposes of higher education course and assessment design to enhance delivery and the achievement of student learning outcomes.
The course is fully accredited and recognised by the Australian government and is internationally relevant and transferable. HELI’s GradCertHEd is offered four times a year with intake dates published on their website.
THE-ICE MEMBER BENEFITS
1. Graduate Certificate in Higher Education Academic Practice
HELI is proud to offer its GradCertHEd at a special rate for THE-ICE members. The course is a one-year part-time online course designed to enhance the knowledge, skills and understanding of academic practice in the higher education sector and specifically in the private higher education arena.
Our passion is assisting higher education practitioners improve their professional competency, and witnessing the positive effect that this has on the quality of the student experience and the overall effectiveness of higher education institutions. Graduates of this course will be able to:
- Reflect critically on their educational practice
- Explore scholarship and research related to higher education learning and teaching
- Construct effective pedagogies drawn from best practice principles
- Understand the nature and purposes of higher education course and assessment design to enhancedelivery and the achievement of student learning outcomes.
This course will suit:
- Academics teaching in Hospitality, Tourism and Events who seek to professionally develop their academic practice
- Academics who seek to upgrade their qualifications as part of their scholarly activity
- Academics who are transitioning from the vocational training sector to teach in higher education.
THE-ICE Members (including all employees) are entitled to a 20% discount off the normal tuition fee. Just mention “THE-ICE” when you lodge your application. Click here for full details about the course.
2. HELI’s Professional Development Webinars
In addition to offering formal qualifications to the higher education sector, HELI has developed a broad range of Webinar topics. The Webinars are designed as Professional Development opportunities to assist higher education practitioners to come together in a neutral setting to discuss topical issues and to gain insight into cutting edge practices. These webinars are exclusively free for THE-ICE members as part of the Business Alliance Agreement.
HELI Webinars provide participants an array of topics each designed to align with our distinct areas of focus and include: Fundamental Principles of Online Teaching and Learning
- Foundations for Higher Education Course Development and Review
- Scholarship in Higher Education
- Best Practices in Higher Education Teaching and Learning
- THE-ICE Members (including all employees) are entitled to exclusive webinars as part of the Business Alliance Partnership (normally AU$220)
For more information about HELI or to enquire about our course please contact firstname.lastname@example.org