Members of International Centre of Excellence in Tourism and Hospitality Education (THE-ICE) led the way in a global survey on student satisfaction, with member institutions achieving first place rankings in almost half of the categories.
In partnership with i-graduate, THE-ICE conducts an annual International Student Barometer Survey measuring student satisfaction across 80 elements of student experience related to Arrival, Learning, Living and Support, amongst 121 higher education institutions worldwide, and in the this year’s survey members of THE-ICE achieved #1 ranking in 37 categories!
THE-ICE Global Premier Ranking is the first ranking system based solely on quantitative data of student satisfaction and provides ranking of over 120 higher education institutions worldwide.
The 2019 survey was open from March to June 2019 and attracted over 100,000 student responses. THE-ICE institutions who attained Premier Ranking of #1 were recognised for their outstanding and ongoing commitment to quality at the Gala Dinner held during THE-ICE 13th International Panel of Experts Forum (IPoE) in Manila on 17th October 2019.
THE-ICE member institutions who achieved #1 ranking include:
- University of the South Pacific, Fiji, achieved premier ranking for: Propensity to Recommend, Good Teachers, Programme Content, Language Support, Employability, and Health Centre.
- MCI Management Center Innsbruck, Austria, achieved premier ranking for: Living Overall, Support Overall, Living Average, Expert Lecturers, Class Size, Social Facilities, Safety, Accommodation Quality, Home Friends, Host Friends, Other Friends, Campus Buildings, and Campus Environment.
- Hotel Institute Montreux, Switzerland, achieved premier ranking for: Arrival Overall, Good Contacts, Visa Advice, and Application to Offer.
- César Ritz Colleges Switzerland, Switzerland, achieved premier ranking for: Careers Advice, Arrival Average, First Night, Health Insurance, University Orientation, and Formal Welcome.
- Swiss Hotel Management School, Switzerland, achieved premier ranking for: Work Experience, Graduate School, Academic Learning Unit, Accommodation Office, Finance Office.
- Emirates Academy of Hospitality Management, Dubai, achieved premier ranking for: Meeting Staff
- Lyceum of the Philippines University, Philippines, achieved premier ranking for: Financial Support, and Earning Money.