HELI Webinar Calendar & Registration
|Webinar Identifier||Webinar Title and Registration Link||Date||Time|
|THE-ICE 2020/8||Best Practices in Higher Education Teaching and Learning||Tuesday, 1 December 2020||19:00 (AEDT).|
Duration 1 hr
HELI Webinar content
Webinar 1 – Fundamental Principles of Online Teaching and Learning
The Higher Education Leadership Institute is pleased to offer a topical and current webinar touching on teaching and learning in the online space. This webinar, facilitated by Dr. Steffen Zorn, is designed to provide participants with practical insights into the fundamental principles of online teaching and learning.
Key words: Online delivery; Engaging and varied course content; Understanding limitations of online delivery; Clear and concise communication; Engaging with, and supporting your students; The water cooler factor.
- Characteristics of online student cohorts – How are online students different and what factors contribute to their success?
- Engaging and supporting students online – Developing and using engaging and varied content – Why engaging participants online is so important.
- Developing online courses – Understanding limitations of online delivery. The cognitive model of multimedia learning.
- The role of a lecturer in an online environment – The water cooler factor. The change of the lecturer’s role: from presenting content to facilitating learning.
Webinar 2 – Foundations for Higher Education Course Development and Review
The Higher Education Leadership Institute is pleased to offer a topical and current webinar relating to higher education course development and review. This webinar, facilitated by Gary Greig, is designed to provide participants with insights into the foundations of Course Development and Review in Higher Education.
Key words: Learning design; learning outcomes; constructive alignment; assessment; monitoring and review.
- Principles of course design and development
- The impact of delivery mode and integrating technology into a course design
- Backward design – the course development process
- Course evaluation and review
Webinar 3 – Scholarship in Higher Education
- Maintaining academic, practitioner and teacher quality and currency through scholarship
- Relevant scholarly activities beyond traditional research
- Scholarship’s role in evidence-based teaching and learning practice
Webinar 4 – Best Practices in Higher Education Teaching and Learning
The Higher Education Leadership Institute is pleased to offer a topical and current webinar exploring best practices in higher education teaching and learning. This webinar, facilitated by Prof Clive Smallman, provides students with an overview of learning and teaching practices
Key words: Learning and teaching; Practices; Theory
- Principles of learning and teaching
- Effective teaching practice and methods
- The use of technology in contemporary higher education
Please note THE-ICE HELI Webinars are only available to invited and current members. If you are not a member of that association your registration will be cancelled.