The Hotel School Sydney
The Hotel School Sydney (THSS) is a unique educational partnership between a contemporary university and a major player in the hospitality industry. The combination of academic excellence from Southern Cross University and industry connectedness from Mulpha Australia whose hotel portfolio include (InterContinental Sydney, One & Only Hayman Island Great Barrier Reef, InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort, Sanctuary Cove, Marritz Alpine and Salzburg Apartments) creates an innovative learning environment.
Delivering a Bachelor of Business in Hotel Management and Master of International Tourism and Hotel Management, The Hotel School Sydney focuses on hotel management skills, management practice in hospitality industries and the skills needed for employment in a dynamic and competitive global environment.
We develop dedicated professionals with university qualifications that are recognised and highly regarded internationally, the growth of tourism and our association with major hotel companies all lead to exciting career opportunities in hotel, tourism and services management.
The Hotel School Sydney began operating in 1989 as an integral part of InterContinental Sydney, since then it has developed close working relationships with many leading tourism organisations in Australia and around the world. The Hotel School Sydney is located in the heart of Sydney’s CBD, with the Harbour, Sydney Opera House and botanical gardens on its doorsteps.
Opening its doors in 2015, The Hotel School Melbourne is located in the centre of Melbourne’s CBD with great access to all the city has to offer, and now builds on the 26 years of education excellence of The Hotel School Sydney.
The Hotel School with a difference
The Hotel School Sydney is renowned for:
- Providing paid work opportunities integrated with university level education
- Providing high potential graduates for employment
- Teaching and learning excellence
- Academic rigour
- Strong industry links
- Graduate success
The Hotel School Sydney also runs industry management courses and is the founding member of the Association of Australian Hotel Schools (AAHS).
What we offer our students
The Hotel School Sydney offers many outstanding benefits such as:
- Links to an international hotel with a global network of 3700 hotels
- Internationally recognised Australian university qualifications
- Practical on-the-job training in a range of operational departments within tourism and hospitality industries
- Central city location
- Flexible course and qualification structure with entry points to suit individual needs and interests
- Direct access to academic and industry experts
- advanced standing (recognition of prior learning) for relevant previous study or work experience
- Complimentary printing,email and internet usage
- Access to wireless computers and networked facilities
- A combination of industry relevant experience, academic recognition and qualifications
- The latest management and operational skills through a rigorous academic course curriculum combined with contemporary industry practices
Invaluable work experience throughout the course increases employment opportunities on graduation and prepares graduates for rapid career advancement within the hospitality industry.
Study Programmes Accredited by THE-ICE
- Bachelor of Business in Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Business in Tourism & Hospitality Management with Honours
- Master of International Tourism & Hotel Management
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
The Hotel School Sydney – 60 Phillip Street, Sydney CBD
Located in the heart of Sydney’s CBD, The Hotel School Sydney has been operating since 1989 as an integral part of Intercontinental Sydney and has since built close working relationships with many leading tourism organisations in Australia and around the world.
The Hotel School Melbourne – Level 3, 399 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne CBD
Opening its doors in 2015, The Hotel School Melbourne builds on the 26 years of education excellence of The Hotel School Sydney. The Hotel School Melbourne is located in the centre of Melbourne’s CBD, with great access to all the city has to offer, and with Melbourne being renowned as one of the most vibrant and liveable cities in Australia and the world.
The Hotel School Sydney
– CRICOS Provider: 01241G