The Swiss Hotel Management School (SHMS) offers an exciting range of programmes founded upon the internationally recognized Swiss traditions and focuses on global trends, business strategy and operational leadership. Students who join SHMS learn the art of Swiss Hospitality Management and develop the principles of the Swiss Hospitality Touch.
The hospitality industry is one of the world’s most dynamic industries and continues to grow year after year, providing a vast array of jobs for suitably qualified professionals. With intensive training and internship experience, graduates of SHMS are perfectly placed for career success and the alumni are a testament to the quality of the programmes.
Students are able to experience the two magnificent campuses in Caux and Leysin, discovering the charms of stunning alpine locations within the inspiring environment and world class operational facilities.
SHMS offers learning based on tradition with an international hotel management education experience. Around 1,600 students per year from over 80 different nationalities join SHMS at its Caux and Leysin campuses.
The intensive undergraduate programmes at the Swiss Hotel Management School are designed to challenge students and are focused on practical Swiss hospitality expertise combined with international management competencies. Students have the option to obtain a Swiss Higher Diploma followed by a Bachelor of Arts degree, validated by the University of Derby (UK).
The Postgraduate Diplomas offer fantastic opportunities to graduates seeking a change in their career or for those who are currently working in the industry and require further training to enhance their career opportunities. This programme is in particular aimed at students without previous hospitality skills and offers an intensive introduction to key sectors of the service industry.
The Master of International Business in Hotel, Resort and Spa Management is designed for aspiring individuals, seeking to achieve their management potential and to stand out from the crowd.
With its blend of experiential learning, management theory and strategy, the hotel management courses are challenging and exciting opportunity for the leaders of tomorrow in spa and resort management. Students benefit from guest lectures, practical input and industry-driven content, confirming the importance of this Masters programme for the hospitality industry.
The dynamic and rapidly developing food and beverage and restaurant industry is in need of leaders possessing a robust combination of theoretical and experiential knowledge. The Master of International Business in Food and Beverage and Restaurant Management provides students with in-depth industry know-how ready for application.
The Master of Science in International Hospitality Management, validated by the University of Derby (UK), is an intensive and balanced academic and practitioner-relevant programme of study for career development in the field of international hospitality management. During the master in hospitality management skills are developed in hospitality related business sciences and techniques in identification, problem-solving and developing strategic and operational plans for management of international hospitality related organizations.
The reputation of SHMS for hospitality management education results from a training programme that gives students a profound understanding of all aspects of the hospitality industry. Accreditation and recognition of SHMS programmes include:
- University of Derby – The Bachelor of Arts and the Master of Science degrees are awarded by the University of Derby, a leading UK university in the fields of hospitality and tourism. Graduates of the Bachelor of Arts (Honors) and Master of Science programmes at the Swiss Hotel Management school receive both Swiss and British awards
- Swiss Hotel School Association (ASEH) – The Swiss Hotel School Association (ASEH) is a label for quality in Swiss hotel management education and imposes strict academic, professional and ethical standards for its members in the hotel industry
- EduQua – ensuring the quality of educational institutions by setting minimum standards and supports quality improvements in its certified institutions
With leading companies ensuring the relevance of the SHMS programs through the input of industry experts, workshop sessions and guest lectures give students the benefit of first-hand experience and know-how of professionals in the hotel and hospitality industry. Our Industry Partners also include:
- Six Senses Resorts and Spas
- Corinthia Hotels International
- Intercontinental Hotel Malta
- Old Edwards Inn and Spa
Study Programmes Accredited by THE-ICE
- Swiss Diploma in Hotel Operations Management
- Swiss Higher Diploma in Hospitality Management
- Swiss Higher Diploma in Hospitality and Events Management
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in International Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in International Hospitality and Events Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in Hotel Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in Hotel Operations Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in Events Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in Food & Beverage and Restaurant Management
- Master of International Business in Hotel, Resort and Spa Management (Industry Validated Professional Masters)
- Master of International Business in Food & Beverage & Restaurant Management (Industry Validated Professional Masters)
- Master of Science in International Hospitality Management – awarded by University of Derby (UK)
For full details on how to apply, see the SHMS Application Procedure information
Caux Campus, Located in the historic Caux Palace, the campus enjoys a unique situation close to the lively city of Montreux. As one of the first palace hotels built in Switzerland, the Caux Palace is a truly memorable place for students to study.
The Leysin campus is housed in two former hotels: the Mont-Blanc Palace and the Belvédère. The campus is located directly opposite the train station and five minutes’ walk from the town’s facilities. Leysin offers students the unforgettable experience of living in the Swiss Alps.
Swiss Hotel Management School
– duly registered in Switzerland with the Swiss Private School Register