As an international institute of hospitality and hotel management, the Hotel Institute Montreux (HIM) supports the success of aspiring individuals through the development of strong hospitality management, interpersonal, language, and cultural skills. The business focus of the programme, offered in collaboration with Northwood University – a leading management university in the United States, opens doors to a wide variety of career options.
Students develop an understanding of hospitality principles in Food and Beverage and Rooms Division Management before choosing to specialize in Finance, Human Resources, or Luxury Business Management* (*as of October 2015). In the final terms, studies focus on Hospitality Management and International Business, preparing graduates for top-end management positions in the international world of hospitality and business.
HIM welcomes up to 550 students each term. The unique living environment of the international hotel management school blends over 60 nationalities under one roof. Together with the top location, HIM draws extensive numbers of international students through its offering of specialized business skills.
The Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree is awarded by Northwood University. The unique and attractive combination of world-renowned Swiss hospitality practices with contemporary American management expertise is taught in an intensive programme that allows students to graduate in only three years – with Swiss and American qualifications as well as a specialization in Finance, Human Resources, or Luxury Business Management* (*as of October 2015).
The challenging Professional Masters programme develops hospitality management skills together with business knowledge for students seeking executive level positions in the international world of hospitality and business. The business orientation of the programme includes a specialization in Finance, Human Resources, or Luxury Business Management* (*as of October 2015) endorsed by leading companies; experts in their field.
HIM has built an excellent reputation in the worldwide hotel and hospitality industry for providing up-to-date hospitality programmes of outstanding quality and internationally accredited university qualifications.
The three business specializations of HIM’s Bachelor of Business Administration and Master of International Business in Hospitality Management are designed and partly delivered in collaboration with the following subject matter experts:
- Finance – Banque Privée Edmond de Rothschild
- Human Resources – Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
- Luxury Business Management – TAG Heuer and John Paul
These leading companies ensure the relevance of the programmes through their expert inputs. Workshop sessions and guest lectures give students the benefit of first-hand experience and know-how of professionals in the hotel and hospitality industry.
The world class programmes at HIM are accredited and/or recognised by the following authorities:
- Northwood University – HIM’s American Bachelor of Business Administration in Hospitality Management is awarded by Northwood University (USA) which is accredited by the US Higher Learning Commission
- Swiss Hotel School Association (ASEH) – the Swiss Hotel School Association (ASEH) is the only association in Switzerland that evaluates and recognizes hotel schools and imposes strict eligibility requirements
- EduQua – ensuring the quality of educational institutions by setting minimum standards and supports quality improvements in its certified institutions
- FIBAA – The Bachelor of Business Administration in Hospitality Management degree at Hotel Institute Montreux is fully accredited by Foundation for International Business Administration Accreditation (FIBAA). FIBAA provides quality seals to well known higher education in Europe.
Study Programmes Accredited by THE-ICE
- Swiss Diploma in Hotel Operations Management
- Swiss Higher Diploma in International Hotel Management (with specialization)
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Hospitality Management – Northwood University, USA
- Master of International Business in Hospitality Management with specialization (Industry Validated Professional Masters)
For full details on how to apply, see the HIM Application Procedure information
The Hotel Institute Montreux is located in the heart of Montreux, on the shores of Lake Geneva with the Alps providing a spectacular backdrop. This luxury destination on the Swiss Riviera is home to the famous Montreux Jazz Festival, and only one hour from Geneva International Airport; gateway to Europe.
For more information visit the Hotel Institute Montreux website
Hotel Institute Montreux
– duly registered in Switzerland with the Swiss Private School Register