Established in 1971, Griffith University (GU) is regarded as one of Australia’s most innovative tertiary institutions and one of the most influential universities in the Asia-Pacific region.
Spanning five campuses in South East Queensland, Griffith University is a comprehensive, research-intensive institution, ranking in the top 5% of universities worldwide. Offering more than 200 undergraduate, postgraduate and research degrees across all disciplines, Griffith is home to 44,000 students and an alumni network of more than 120,000 graduates.
Griffith Business School is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). This accreditation is considered one of the highest achievements for an educational institution, with less than 5% of the world’s business programmes receiving this accolade.
Department of Tourism, Sport and Hotel Management
The Department of Tourism, Sport and Hotel Management is one of six departments that form the Griffith Business School and offers undergraduate, postgraduate and research programmes in event, hotel, sport and international tourism management, along with real estate and property development.
The Department actively fosters a strong international culture, both within and through overseas exchange programmes. Established relationships with partner universities in Korea, Hong Kong, China, France, USA and Canada also allow our students to broaden their study experience.
As participants in the Griffith Institute for Tourism, we pursue research and innovation in areas impacting the global industry. And as a ten-time winner of the Queensland Tourism Awards for Excellence in Industry Education, inclusion in the Hall of Fame and Winner of a National Tourism Award, our programmes continue to attract international acclaim.
At Griffith Business School we are committed to developing tomorrow’s globally responsible leaders.
Our academics, under the leadership of Professor Chris Auld, value:
- Performance excellence – Recognising, encouraging and enabling staff and students to achieve at the highest level.
- Responsible leadership – Supporting staff and students to become responsible leaders who demonstrate the highest levels of integrity and ethical behaviour.
- Sustainable business practices – Creating value through social, financial and environmental approaches that lead to sustainable businesses and communities.
- Respect for others – Embracing diversity and demonstrating respect for different backgrounds, points of view and discipline areas.
- Global orientation – Preparing global citizens, with a special focus on the Asia Pacific region.
Our approach to academic excellence is one of global orientation. We are committed to provide education and research that recognises the fast-changing global environment and the importance of preparing global citizens with a special focus on the Asia Pacific region.
Industry professionals work with us to develop and deliver courses, ensuring that our graduates are flexible and adaptable critical thinkers, excellent team leaders and have the skills employers require.
Research & Industry Programmes
Griffith is a research intensive university with an international reputation and world-leading expertise in our Areas of Strategic Investment, of which Sustainable Tourism is one. Our research staff make highly significant contributions and find solutions that bring real and positive change to 21st century challenges and priority issues. We are also consistently successful in receiving awards and funding from Australian Research Council grants and other industry-based research funds.
Our research focuses on understanding event, hotel, sport and tourism management and the role these industries play in our lives. Through our research, we aim to contribute to sustainability, engender corporate social responsibility, influence social and government policies, and promote best practice in our field.
Building on a long history of tourism research at Griffith University, the Department of Tourism, Sport and Hotel Management has close ties with the Griffith Institute for Tourism, which acts as a focal point for innovative, quality research reflecting the economic, social and environmental dimensions of tourism. The Institute has a wide range of expertise on areas such as tourism planning, economic modelling, service management, event management, marketing, environmental impact assessment, and cultural studies.
Study Programmes Accredited by THE-ICE
- Bachelor of International Tourism and Hotel Management (Gold Coast Campus)
- Bachelor of International Tourism and Hotel Management (Nathan Campus)
- Bachelor of Business (off-shore Hong Kong domestic students only)
- Bachelor of Business (Gold Coast Campus)
- Bachelor of Business (Nathan Campus)
- Graduate Certificate in Business (Gold Coast Campus)
- Graduate Diploma of Research Studies in Business (Gold Coast & Nathan Campuses)
- Master of Business (Gold Coast Campus)
- Master of Philosophy (All Campuses)
- Doctor of Philosophy by Publication (All Campuses)
- Doctor of Philosophy (All Campuses)
– CRICOS Provider: 00233E