The Free University of Bozen-Bolzano (unibz) was founded in 1997 as a multilingual (Italian, German and English) and internationally oriented institution. It promotes the free exchange of ideas and scientific knowledge by being a communication and knowledge transfer platform between the region, Italy and countries in Europe and overseas.
The Tourism, Sport and Event Management Programme
The School of Economics and Management is one of five faculties at the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano and is responsible for the delivery of the BSc in Tourism, Sport and Event Management and an Executive Master programme in Hospitality Management at the Brunico Campus. The School takes great pride in themselves, providing great learning experiences and being committed to developing students into future international leaders who are trained to solve complex, unstructured, real world problems. The School is also:
- a member of leading regional, national and international professional and tourism networks such as the International Council on Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Education (ICHRIE), the Association for Tourism and Leisure Education (ATLAS), the International Association of Scientific Experts in Tourism (AIEST), and many more;
- a strategic partner of companies, industry associations, government agencies, banks, agencies, etc – over 100 at a national level, and over 150 worldwide
Graduates are highly employable (80% are employed within 3 months after graduation and a high percentage does start employment even before graduating). The graduates of our School are highly sought after by industry, however, a very high proportion of graduates start their professional career in an international environment outside Italy.
Research & Industry Programmes
- Alpshealth Comp – on health tourism, its regional economic Impact, and its future feasibility and sustainability
- Demochange – on the impact of demographic change on tourism, regions and product development.
TOMTE is also home of the annual Consumer Behaviour in Tourism Symposium (CBTS), attracting leading scholars from all over the world to Brunico in December of every year. TOMTE is lead and managed by Professor Oswin Maurer who is also Director of the tourism study programmes. TOMTE annual reports are available on request.
Students are continuously involved in industry experience programmes, including TMC (an industry event series taking place every first Monday of the month, attracting 100-150 industry representatives), Best Practice and International Industry Outlook seminars (involving CEO’s and top managers of international industry groups), Live Event & Backstage, and many other formats complementing and supporting the learning experience of our students.
Study Programmes Pre-accredited by THE-ICE
- Bachelor (BSc) in Tourism, Sport and Event Management
- Executive Master in Hospitality Management in collaboration with Cornell University – School of Hotel Administration and Falkensteiner Michaeler Tourism Group (FMTG)
Free University of Bozen-Bolzano