With over 30 years’ experience, César Ritz Colleges Switzerland (a member school of Swiss Education Group) offers Bachelor and Masters degrees with a primary focus on hospitality.
The programmes are based on the philosophy of César Ritz, founder of the famous Ritz hotels, who is recognized as the pioneer of luxury hotels. With hard work, innovation, flair, and a touch of class, César Ritz accomplished an unprecedented career in the hospitality industry and rose to legendary status. It is his tradition of luxury, excellence, and service that has set the standards for hotels and restaurants throughout the world.
Hospitality, Entrepreneurship, and Wellbeing
Bachelor students specialise in hospitality and entrepreneurship, and their Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality Business Management degree (in partnership with Washington State University, USA) leads them to develop a fully elaborated, realistic business plan that is ready to be implemented upon graduation.
The Master of Arts in Entrepreneurship for the Global Hospitality and Tourism Industry provides a contemporary curriculum preparing graduates to launch and maintain a sustainable and profitable business within a challenging global environment.
César Ritz Colleges Switzerland is comprised of three campuses: the historic centre of Lucerne; lakeside at Le Bouveret; and up in the mountains at Brig. Bachelor students can choose between Le Bouveret and Lucerne for their first two years, before moving up to Brig for their final year. All Master students are based full time at the Brig campus.
As an extra bonus, Le Bouveret and Lucerne students share their campus with Culinary Arts Academy students, another of Swiss Education Group’s member schools. This offers all Bachelor students the chance to organise events and develop their hospitality skills alongside future chef entrepreneurs.
Culinary Arts Academy Switzerland
Culinary Arts Academy Switzerland offers Bachelor and Masters degrees in Culinary Arts, alongside an Advanced Professional Diploma in Swiss Chocolate and Pastry.
CAAS prepares students for their future career journey, focusing on entrepreneurship as well as kitchen skills. With hands-on classes and small class sizes, students have the opportunity to develop their craft both inside and outside of the kitchen and the classroom. State-of-the-art kitchens also offer the ideal learning environment to hone their skills.
The Bachelor of Arts in Culinary Arts is awarded by University of Derby, U.K., and all students benefit from the professional partnerships with Ritz Escoffier, Mane, and Alessi. The Masters programme is the perfect choice for a career reconversion and the Advanced Professional Diploma is ideal for students wishing to specialise in chocolate and pastry.
Additionally, we are fortunate to count top chefs, including Chef Anton Mosimann (OBE) and Chef Moha, as friends of Culinary Arts Academy Switzerland. Students benefit from a wealth of expertise as well as unique internship opportunities in some of the most highly sought-after establishments to launch their careers.
With two campuses, one in the historic centre of Lucerne and the other lakeside at Le Bouveret, Culinary Arts Academy Switzerland offers an innovative educational experience, is equipped with state-of-the-art kitchens, and benefits from multiple professional partnerships with industry pioneers.
As of summer 2016, our Le Bouveret campus is now also home to The Mosimann Collection: A Culinary Heritage. This unique collaboration houses memorabilia gathered by Chef Anton Mosimann (OBE) throughout the span of his
highly successful career. As a regular visitor to his collection, a surprise cookery session is always welcomed by the students and provides enormous insight into the professional world.
Both Master of Arts degrees are accredited by University of Derby, UK. Additionally, close industry partnerships with global industry leaders, including the Ritz Paris hotel and UBS, offer their guidance and experience to all students.
All qualifications are recognized by the Canton of Valais in Switzerland and César Ritz Colleges holds full accreditation from:
Study Programmes Accredited by THE-ICE
- Bachelor of Arts in Hospitality Business Management (in partnership with Washington State University).
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Culinary Arts (University of Derby).
- César Ritz Colleges Certificate in Hotel and Restaurant Operations.
- Swiss Advanced Certificate in Culinary Arts.
- Swiss Higher Diploma in Culinary Studies.
- Swiss Higher Diploma in Hotel and Tourism Management.
- Bachelor of International Business in Hotel and Tourism Management.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Culinary Arts.
Industry Relevant Programmes (non-accredited by THE-ICE)
- Master of International Business in Culinary Management.
- Advanced Professional Diploma in Swiss Pastry and Chocolate Arts.
- Master of Arts in Entrepreneurship for the Global Hospitality and Tourism Industry (accredited by University of Derby).
- Swiss Grand Diploma in Culinary Arts (offered at Le Bouveret Campus only)
- Certificate of Culinary Arts Essentials (Term 1)
- Diploma in European Culinary Arts (Term 2)
- Swiss Grand Diploma in Culinary Arts (Term 3)
- Swiss Grand Diploma in Pastry and Chocolate Arts (offered at Lucerne Campus only)
- Certificate in Pastry & Baking
- Diploma in Pastry & Chocolate Arts
- Swiss Grand Diploma in Pastry & Chocolate Arts
For further information on the range of hospitality programmes please see course information page.
- Le Bouveret: situated on the shores of beautiful Lake Geneva, with stunning views across the Swiss Alps.
- Lucerne: located in a magnificent former hotel in the heart of a vibrant university town.
- Brig: at the foot of the Matterhorn, the campus is located near the famous ski resorts of Zermatt and Saas-Fee.
For more information visit the César Ritz Colleges Switzerland website.