Australian School of Management
The Australian School of Management (ASM) is a boutique Higher Education provider specialising in business and hotel management. We believe in bringing learning to life, offering bachelor degrees, associate degrees and diploma where you can put theory into practice.
With centrally located campuses in both Perth and Melbourne, as well as a Digital Campus, our students benefit from our hands-on approach to education that focuses on developing the skills necessary to thrive not only within our academic environment, but also in the workforce for years to come.
Our boutique learning environment means our teachers have the flexibility to refresh course content so our students are at the forefront of industry trends. We offer students petite class sizes where they receive highly personalised attention, guidance from academic staff as well as important links with industry, including guaranteed internships for hands on experience.
Our goal is simple: to give our students a leading education in business and hotel management that equips them with the skills and knowledge they need, for the career they want.
Tourism, Hospitality and Hotel Studies
The Australian School of Management strives to develop and nurture strong industry partnerships which enable industry to engage in current issues providing ongoing education pathways and professional development programmes.
Paid industry placements are made by the course coordinators at ASM to ensure student’s gain first-hand experience in leading hotels, resorts, tourism offices, travel agencies, convention centres, restaurants and other equally suitable hospitality and tourism establishments.
ASM has an Academic Board drawn from internal academic staff, representatives from the Alumni, and academics from external universities. The responsibility of the ASM Academic Board is to maintain the integrity of the School and your qualification by ensuring the highest quality education standards of teaching and research.
ASM takes pride in being recognised for its outstanding contributions in the provision of excellence by the State and the industry as evidenced in the following awards received:
- Silver Medallist of “Western Australian Tourism Award – Education and Training” in 2006
- Winner of “Western Australian Tourism Awards– Education and Training” in 2003
- Winner: “Tourism Training Australia Award – Best Practice in Training and Education for the Tourism and Hospitality Industry” in 2001, 2002
- Winner of the “Australian Culinary Foundation – Training Provider of the Year” Awards in 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004
- Winner of the “Industry Training Council Awards – Most Outstanding Contribution to the Hospitality and Tourism Industry” in 2001
- Winner of “Restaurant & Catering Industry Association – Best Service Provider Award” in 2001
Industry Relevant Programmes
ASM programmes cover a wide spectrum of professional and academic training specialisation:
- Hospitality Management
- Hospitality Operations
- Hospitality Supervision
- Kitchen Operations
- Commercial Cookery or Patisserie
- Tourism Management
- Tourism Operations
- Tourism Visitor Information Services
- Tourism International Retail Travel Sales
- Tourism Sales and Marketing
- Tourism Marketing and Product Development
- Meetings and Events; Event Management
- Convention and Event Tourism Management
- Hotel and Resort Management
- Hotel Administration
Study Programmes Accredited by THE-ICE
- Bachelor of Business in Hotel Management – 3yrs full-time
- Associate Degree of Business in Hotel Management – 2yrs full-time
- Diploma of Business in Hotel Management – 1yr full-time
ASM has two intakes per year; February and August.
Apply to ASM
Pathways to a Degree
Students who do not meet the requirements for direct entry into a degree, or those who wish to pursue a short course or a more practical course may consider the programmes offered at our sister school, the Australian College of Applied Education (ACAE).
Pathways to Postgraduate Studies
Through ASM’s partnership with the University of Western Australia (UWA), ASM Graduates are able to gain advanced standing towards selected Masters courses. This reduces course fees and could reduce the length of study. More information is available under Postgraduate Pathways on the ASM website.
Australian School of Management
– CRICOS Provider: 01303K