COVID-19 is having an enormous impact on education globally, creating uncertainty across the higher education sector, and bringing student mobility to a standstill. Within THE-ICE global network, member institutions are responding rapidly by moving to, or are already operating, online.
On behalf of THE-ICE Chair, Board of Directors and Executive Team, we wish all our colleagues strength and resilience to cope with enormous challenges we face now and in the weeks, and maybe months, ahead. We want to reassure members we are working hard to provide additional support where and when possible. However, may we stress that if you consider we can be of additional assistance, at any stage, please do not hesitate to let us know, as we wish to support each and every member in whatever way they need.
To start this process we introduced a webinar series to discuss the challenges being faced across THE-ICE Member Network. The webinar series has a number of simple objectives;
- Come together, in the spirit of THE-ICE
- Provide a collegiate and supportive environment for discussion and further action
- Share and discuss the issues being faced by members across the network
- Identify and share ideas and successful strategies
- Identify further ways THE-ICE can offer help and support
Proposed webinar series discussion topics:
- Plans to facilitate continuity of learning
- Approaches to support staff to work remotely/on-line
- Approaches to supporting students studying remotely/on-line
COVID-19 is classified as a pandemic by the World Health Organisation, that provide advise for basic protective measures. Click here to read WHO advice.