The 2020 RGS Call for Research Proposals NOW OPEN
Follow THE-ICE on Facebook to stay up to date with other activities and opportunities, including THE-ICE RGS 2020!
THE-ICE Research Grant Scheme Research Proposals should address the 14th IPoE Forum 2020 theme, ‘Securing Our Future – Exploring Sustainability in & of Tourism in Hospitality Education’ and sub-themes;
1. A sustainable future – embedding sustainability in TH&E curricula
2. Sustaining our greatest assets – protecting and promoting health and wellbeing amongst staff and students
3. The new 3R’s of education – learning to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle in TH&E education
4. Sustainability is more than environmental management – promoting social development in TH&E education
5. How to resist the squeeze on TH&E education and make it sustainable….and profitable
THE-ICE Research Grant Scheme (RGS)
The purpose of THE-ICE RGS is to facilitate and promote research by member institutions, supporting THE-ICE objective to enhance the quality of higher education in tourism, hospitality, events and culinary arts (TH&E). Research topics that may be supported by the RGS include, but are not limited to, the following;
- Assuring and enhancing quality in TH&E institutions
- Enhancing teaching and learning in TH&E
- Enhancing the process of and benefits from accreditation in TH&E institutions
- Evaluating and benchmarking performance in TH&E institutions
THE-ICE RGS is designed to:
- Encourage and support research within THE-ICE member institutions
- Generate research outcomes that support the objectives of THE-ICE and provide tangible benefits to member institutions
- Stimulate interaction and research amongst members of THE-ICE
- Generate research-based content for the THE-ICE annual signature event, the International Panel of Experts (IPoE) Forum
Each year THE-ICE will fund two research proposals to the value of AU$2,500 each. Payment of THE-ICE Research Grant is subject to:
- Adherence to key submission dates (as per the announcement)
- Submission of the final research paper to THE-ICE
- Presentation of the research and outcomes at the IPoE Forum
Guidelines for Applicants
Applications are welcome from individuals and/or teams from Full Members, Affiliate and Associates of THE-ICE. Research proposals should:
- Address a theme relevant to the objectives of THE-ICE RGS and relevant IPoE Forum
- Propose an original course of research that contributes to the field of tourism and hospitality education
- Follow an empirical approach, with the potential to produce robust, reliable and actionable results
- Be original work and unpublished (in full) elsewhere
Contribute to/ align with the theme of the relevant IPoE Forum (the theme of the IPoE Forum 2020 is ‘Securing Our Future – Exploring Sustainability in & of Tourism in Hospitality Education’ ‘)
Evaluation of Research Proposals
Research proposals submitted before the deadline, and adherent to the THE-ICE RGS Frame of Reference, will be reviewed by the RGS Review Committee and evaluated based on;
- Importance and relevance of the research to the objectives of THE-ICE and to quality in TH&E higher education.
- Potential to make an original contribution to the existing body of knowledge of TH&E education, and implications for development of best practice.
- Potential to facilitate cooperation between two (2) or more member institutions of THE-ICE.
- Contribution to/alignment with the theme of the relevant IPoE Forum
- Soundness of theoretical framework and consistency of methodology and research design.
- Feasibility of proposed objectives, timelines/deadlines, and budget.
- Adherence to the Research Proposal Template.
Research proposals are to be submitted to email@example.com by the following deadlines:
- Research proposals should be submitted by Tuesday 31st March, 2020
- The successful applicant/s will be notified by Tuesday 30th April, 2020
- Final research papers must be submitted by Wednesday 30th September 2020
- Research findings will be presented at THE-ICE IPoE Forum 26th – 29th October 2020
All enquiries regarding the submission of research proposals should be directed to Ms Jane Gentle, General Manager of THE-ICE, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any publication or presentation of results of the research must be approved by THE-ICE in advance to ensure that confidential information is not inadvertently divulged. THE-ICE will not unreasonably withhold or delay approval. A review of the final report will be conducted within 14 days of submission. THE-ICE reserves the right to refuse dissemination of research grant funding if the researcher/s do not adhere to the approved research proposal.
Proudly hosted by:
Proudly sponsored by:
Sponsorship opportunities are now available, please email email@example.com for details.