The 2019 RGS Call for Research Proposals has now closed
Follow THE-ICE on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to stay up to date with other activities and opportunities, including THE-ICE RGS 2020!
THE-ICE Research Grant Scheme Research Proposals should address the 13th IPoE Forum 2019 theme, ‘A Quantum Leap in Excellence – Education Without Borders’ and sub-themes;
1. The Globalisation of Teaching and Learning
2. Leadership & Human Capital – How are innovations in teaching & learning being used to deliver education without borders.
3. In Search of the Perfect Curriculum – Balancing the need for high-tech and high-touch
4. Getting to the Heart of the Matter – exploring ways for increasing humanism within education and service industries
5. Education, Intercultural Understanding & Excellence – Is education opening minds, building bridges & making things better?
THE-ICE Research Grant Scheme (RGS)
The purpose of THE-ICE RGS is to facilitate and promote research by member institutions, supporting THE-ICE objective to enhance the quality of higher education in tourism, hospitality, events and culinary arts (TH&E). Research topics that may be supported by the RGS include, but are not limited to, the following;
- Assuring and enhancing quality in TH&E institutions
- Enhancing teaching and learning in TH&E
- Enhancing the process of and benefits from accreditation in TH&E institutions
- Evaluating and benchmarking performance in TH&E institutions
THE-ICE RGS is designed to:
- Encourage and support research within THE-ICE member institutions
- Generate research outcomes that support the objectives of THE-ICE and provide tangible benefits to member institutions
- Stimulate interaction among members of THE-ICE
- Generate research-based content for the THE-ICE annual signature event, the International Panel of Experts (IPoE) Forum
Each year THE-ICE will fund two research proposals to the value of AU$2,500 each. Payment of THE-ICE Research Grant is subject to:
- Adherence to key submission dates (as per the announcement)
- Submission of the final research paper to THE-ICE
- Presentation of the research and outcomes at the IPoE Forum
Guidelines for Applicants
Applications are welcome from individuals and/or teams from Full Members, Affiliate and Associates of THE-ICE. Research proposals should:
- Address a theme relevant to the objectives of THE-ICE RGS and relevant IPoE Forum
- Propose an original course of research that contributes to the field of tourism and hospitality education
- Follow an empirical approach, with the potential to produce robust, reliable and actionable results
- Be original work and unpublished (in full) elsewhere
Contribute to/ align with the theme of the relevant IPoE Forum (the theme of the IPoE Forum 2019 is ‘A Quantum Leap in Excellence – Education Without Borders‘)
Evaluation of Research Proposals
Research proposals submitted before the deadline, and adherent to the THE-ICE RGS Frame of Reference, will be reviewed by the RGS Review Committee and evaluated based on:
- Importance and relevance of the research to the objectives of THE-ICE and to quality in TH&E higher education.
- Potential to make an original contribution to the existing body of knowledge of TH&E education, and implications for development of best practice.
- Contribution to/ alignment with theme of relevant IPoE Forum
- Soundness of theoretical framework and consistency of methodology and research design
- Feasibility and sustainability of proposed objectives, outcomes, timelines / deadlines, and budget
- Adherence to the Research Proposal Template (provided below)
Research Proposals and final papers are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by the following deadlines:
· Research proposals should be submitted by Friday 31st May, 2019
· The successful applicant/s will be notified by Friday 14th June, 2019
· Final research papers must be submitted by Monday 30th September 2019
· Research findings will be presented at THE-ICE IPoE Forum 14th – 17th October 2019
Payment of THE-ICE Research Grant is subject to:
· Adherence to key submission dates.
· Submission of the final research paper according to the frame of reference.
· Presentation of the accepted research findings at the relevant IPoE Forum.
All enquiries regarding the submission of research proposals should be directed to Ms Jane Gentle, General Manager of THE-ICE, at email@example.com.
Any publication or presentation of results of the research must be approved by THE-ICE in advance to ensure that confidential information is not inadvertently divulged. THE-ICE will not unreasonably withhold or delay approval. A review of the final report will be conducted within 14 days of submission. THE-ICE reserves the right to refuse dissemination of research grant funding if the researcher/s do not adhere to the approved research proposal.
Sponsorship opportunities are now available, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Proudly hosted by:
Proudly sponsored by: